Find here all of our live #INCENDIES
00h00 : It’s midnight. Here are the main news headlines:
• The criminal trail is “privileged” by the prosecution in the fires which have already ravaged 950 hectares in the Ardèche, where 600 firefighters are mobilized. One person was taken into custody.
Visiting Benin, Emmanuel Macron accused Russia of being “one of the last colonial imperial powers” and to wage a new form of “hybrid warfare” in the world.
• After a year of sharp decline, the number of category A job seekers fell by 0.8% in the second quarter, according to the Ministry of Labor. All categories combined, the decline is 1.7%.
End of the adventure for the Blues. They bowed to the Germans (1-2) in the semi-finals of the Euro and say goodbye to their dreams of the final.
9:51 p.m.: The people evacuated from the “Le Plan d’eau” campsite, in Saint -Privat, are being reinstated. On the other hand, the evacuation is maintained in Vogüé, both for homes and campsites. “Everything necessary is being done to take care of the evacuees and to organize the return to their homes as soon as possible.”
9:51 p.m.: In total, 950 hectares have been burned by fires in Ardèche, according to the latest report from the prefecture. “The situation is however more favorable” , specifies the point situation at 9:30 p.m., and “the fire heading towards Vogüé is calmer in intensity”. The firefighters remain “strongly” mobilized on the ground to try to contain the flames.
9:11 p.m.: Hats off to the firefighters on the South Ardèche fire: commitment and courage in the service of the population. Privileged criminal lead, GAV in progress. #PRPrivas
9:10 p.m.: a “criminal track is preferred” in the context of fires that strike the Ardèche, announces the prosecution. Police custody is in progress.
8:52 p.m.: The consequences of the #fire in #Lussas and #Lavilledieu seen from the sky from the helicopter of the @SecCivileFrance#IncendieArdeche #Ardeche
8:51 p.m.: The prefect of Ardèche went to Vogüé, where he spoke with the mayor to take stock of the progress of the fire. He then carried out an aerial reconnaissance to assess the extent of the fire damage. We will keep you informed of the evolution of the situation.
6:54 p.m.: VIDEO – Fire in the South-Ardèche, “the challenge this evening is to protect the village of Voguë and that the fire does not jump not the Ardèche river because there are scrubland forests behind” warns the @Prefet07, Thierry Devimeux
6:55 p.m.: “These fires broke out around 10 a.m. As unfortunately, we we have a significant drought situation – strong ch alue, very dry ground and strong wind – the fire grew and progressed towards the south (…). It is not fixed, still threatens and is approaching the village of Vogüé.”The prefect of Ardèche, Thierry Devimeux, gave an update on the fires which destroyed 900 hectares in the department. He now evokes a “tactical challenge”: to prevent, of course, that the flames do not reach Vogüé But also do everything to prevent the flames from crossing the Ardèche river, because “large forests of scrubland” are more South.
6:35 p.m. : Back in pictures on the fire that strikes the area of Lussas, Lavilledieu, Saint-Sernin and Vogüé as well as the intervention of @SDISPompiers07
6:30 p.m.: The prefect spoke to the press after the situation update with the @SDISPompiers07 and the @Gendarmerie_007. @Gendarmerie @PompiersFR @SecCivileFrance
6:29 p.m.: Several fires are still underway in Ardèche, where they have already ravaged 900 hectares of land. “The main fire continues to progress along the Ardèche river” , specifies the prefecture, “and heads towards the town of Voguë where the action of the firefighters is now concentrated”.
6:17 p.m.: “We are asking for the heaviest sanctions. Because it impacts the ecological transition, the transmission to all generations. It is hard, because it jeopardizes all our prevention and education work. So I am very bitter.” There is no longer any doubt: the fire that started ravaged 800 hectares between Gignac, Saint-Bauzille-de-la-Sylve and Aumelas (Hérault) is of criminal origin. Residents and elected officials interviewed by France Bleu Hérault are angry, and are demanding exemplary sentences.
6:00 p.m.: At 6 p.m., here is a summary of the news of the afternoon:
• No respite on the forest fire front. While the disaster in the Gignac sector is now “fixed” in the Hérault, the firefighters of the Ardèche are now doing faced with a fire that destroyed 750 hectares in and around Lussas.
• After a year of sharp decline, the number of category A job seekers has fell 0.8% in the second quarter, according to the Ministry of Labor. All categories combined, the decline is 1.7%.
• Les Bleues are only one step away from a historic final. The France team faces Germany, at 9 p.m., in the semi-final of the Euro, in England. A sizeable challenge against the most successful team in the competition.
• The descent into hell stops for Bordeaux. Relegated to Ligue 2, then administratively demoted to National 1, the Girondin club obtained from the FFF its maintenance in the second division, thanks to sound finances.